You can test a camera-based feature with the help of the Mobitru QR/Barcode scanning feature. For this, you just need to install the application with the turned-in Image injection option and upload a QR/Barcode image to our platform.
QR/Barcode scanning requirements
The QR/Barcode feature has the following requirements:
- Mobile application type: native iOS.
- Image extensions: .jpg, .jpeg, .png.
- Image max size: 5MB.
- Supported barcode types: QR, Aztec, Code128, EAN8, EAN13, UPCA.
Barcode types examples
The table shows examples of the supported barcode types.
If you need a Barcode type that is not in the list of the supported ones, contact email@example.com.
QR/Barcode scanning steps
To use the QR/Barcode scanning feature, you can watch the video on YouTube or follow the steps:
- Upload your .ipa file to the Install App tab.
- Click on Install -> Choose the App Re-signing and Image Injection checkboxes -> Choose Start installation
- Open the installed application
- Choose the QR/Barcode feature in the app -> Allow access to the camera
- Click on the QR/Barcode button
- Drag and drop or use the Upload image button to add a QR/Barcode
You can leave the feature before or during a QR/Barcode image upload and scanning.
Before uploading: if you have not chosen an image, you can click on Cancel, and the feature will close.
During uploading: if you have initiated a QR/Barcode image scanning, after clicking on Cancel, you will see a confirmation modal where you need to choose one of the buttons:
- Yes – to stop the QR/Barcode uploading and scanning.
- No – to continue the QR/Barcode scanning.
Success and Error messages
If the QR/Barcode image scanning is successful, you will see the following message:
If you have not followed the requirements or steps described above, you will see such messages:
If you did everything according to the instruction, but the feature fails, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for developers
You can add our framework to your test builds. To find out the details, contact email@example.com.