Proxy in Mobitru Connect
You can catch requests and responses of your application on Mobitru devices. For this, you need Mobitru Connect and a Proxy tool. You can use the feature in the UI and Console modes.
|When you use Proxy in Mobitru Connect, you do not need to change anything in the device settings or install additional applications.|
Steps to enable Proxy in the UI mode
– contact email@example.com to receive the application.
– turn on VPN on your PC if needed.
- Log in to the platform.
- Go to Account menu –> User Settings.
- Generate and copy an Access key.
The key should be saved in a secure storage as it is not saved after closing Mobitru Connect.
- Paste the copied value to Your access key in Mobitru Connect.
- On the platform, choose a device you want to work on.
- Copy UDID or Serial number of the device.
There are several ways to do it before starting a device session:
1) Go to Devices -> Switch to the Detail view -> Check the columns in the table.
2) Go to Devices -> Click on the device card or row -> Find the field in the Settings screen.
- Paste the copied value to Device UDID/Serial number in Mobitru Connect.
- Leave “app.mobitru.com” in Mobitru hostname.
- Start your Proxy tool (Charles, Fiddler, etc.).
- Enable the Local tunneling toggle.
- In the Proxy URL field in Mobitru Connect, enter http://127.0.0.1:8888.
8888 – the port that is used in a Proxy tool. If you have another value in the settings, you should use it. In Charles, you can check the port in this way: choose Proxy -> Proxy Settings -> HTTP Proxy.
https://127.0.0.1 – a default value, but you can have another URL configured.
- On the platform, hover over the device and click on Start.
- Click on Start in Mobitru Connect.
- Open the app or website to catch traffic.